Monday, July 11, 2011

Bend it Like Beckham

Michael and I were in the car Saturday afternoon, driving to the university, so he could finish some lab work. I stared out the window, soaking in the fabulous rainy weather we'd been receiving lately, when out of nowhere a strong series of poking erupted at the very bottom of my tummy. It scared the crap out of me at first, as it was a feeling I had never experienced before. Then I realized that this must be my little man kicking the crap out of me, and not just a case of some crazy gas bubbles. Throughout the rest of the day I felt more baby nudges but nothing like what I first experienced in the car. The next morning I laid in bed trying to feel more little kicks, and sure enough, they started up again. They were really really strong and I knew it had to be possible for Michael to feel them. There was no way he wouldn't be able to, so I woke him up, grabbed his hand, and placed it on my belly. For a little while there was nothing, but eventually our little baby felt the need to kick the hell out of my stomach, and Michael was finally able to feel it. It was the best feeling ever, knowing that Michael was able to feel our baby as I did. I am so excited for all the new and upcoming surprises that will be heading our way throughout my pregnancy. 20 weeks left! My oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment